Sunday, May 3, 2015

A Mug of Mint Tea

Wild Mint
Yesterday my Bio Bud invited me over to her farm so that we could collect some wild foods on her property. I came across this square-stemmed downy-leaved plant and she introduced it to me as wild mint. I asked her if she realized she was living on a gold mine as I have been on the quest for wild mint for years. There is nothing like finding herbs in the wild. She graciously let me collect as much as I wanted to. Today I dried the leaves in my dehydrator and stowed them away in a sterilized mason jar. This evening Slack and I shared a mug of my wild mint tea and it was oh so very satisfying. Great friends, great plants, goodnight.
Wild Mint-Dehydrated

Wild Mint-Jarred

Wild Mint Tea


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos and fun personal account on foraging in urban areas. Would you consider an edible walk in the woods with a group of interested people? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete