Friday, September 17, 2010

From Cheese to Trees


Since I started my blog, I’ve been spending a substantial amount of time on the computer, sacrificing sleep and nutrients, which is not recommended for the novice backpacker in training. I calculated the amount of free time I have given a 168hr week: deducting 25hrs of work, 16 ½ hrs of class, 56 hrs of sleep and 20hrs of studying I am left with 50.5 hrs to blog. So as I blogged this morning and felt my bottom turning into cottage cheese I was asked to hike Mt. Monadnock. There was a 3 ½hr  window of time between blogging and working at 2:30, so expecting that I would have to call work and explain that I would be late I wholeheartedly agreed to shut the computer down step it up 3,165 feet.  Living an hour away, we had 1 ½ hrs to hike Monadnock, which we did in a little over an hour. I was back home with 15 minutes to spare. By far the fastest paced hike I’ve ever done! Take home message: the only thing keeping you from doing something is doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment