Thursday, February 2, 2012

Guys Who Shave Their Arms

I think there are two types of people...those that like to sweat and those that don't. I would also be so daring as to say that sweating naturally cleans the body of course when it is followed by a rinse in preferably cold water. I am still not convinced that you need shampoo and conditioner, after all mankind got by without it for the better part of 50,000 years. Yeah yeah they didn't look as pretty as us today...but we would still look like our neanderthal relatives if we stripped ourselves of all of the personal care products we cake on our bodies. A little more natural and a lot more hair. I mean these days I know of real men that shave their arms who are not wearing speedos and padded shorts on the regular. Why do we try so hard to change the way we look?

But I digress. This is the cycle, a person doesn't sweat, leading to stagnation of the skin which eventually dries up and flakes off. But don't fear we have anti-dandruff products that will mask the sweat-free life you lead....just a thought.

They have shampoo for dry, colored, wavy, curly, straight, hair. There is shampoo to make your curly hair straight and give your limp hair bounce. what about getting to the root of the problem and changing your diet? People of Asian descent have some of the most beautiful hairs. It is dark, straight and shiny. Asians who have not become Americanized have a steady diet of fish and seaweed.

After a month of eating pasta and stewed tomatoes from a can, one because I am now living on my own and two because it's cheep and fast, I came to the conclusion that eating like that was not sustainable so I decided to change my diet. I referred to my trusty Anatomy and Physiology text from college and found in the nutrition section that most of the vitamins that promote health hair skin and nails come from fish and green leafy veggies. Fact. So it is no wonder that Asians have the best hair in the world.

Initially I was turned off by personal care products because of the lack of regulation and because of the laundry list of chemicals jam-packed into the bottles. The effects that most of these chemicals have on the body is unknown but all of them get absorbed into the body. Are you willing to sacrifice a healthy neanderthalish physic for hair with the ultimate shine and bounce? We are all guinea pigs taking part in a scientific experiment called the effects of personal "warcare" products on the modern-day human. Thus began my quest to be product free...starting with shampoo. I've tried just water, vinegar, cornstarch...(don't ask), hibiscus leaves. Yes, after talking to my chemistry professor from India, I went to the nursery and bought a hibiscus plant for $60 dollars (talk about expensive shampoo that's not even FDA regulated!), and every couple of  days I would soak the leaves in warm water, grind them with mortar and pestle, strain and lather. I've tried olive oil and honey (BIG mistake) and just recently I've experimented with lemon juice which is pretty amazing and makes your hair really shinny. It's pretty fun being your own personal guinea pig and you get to leave ethics up to yourself.

So in summary these are my thoughts on shampoo/conditioner: it's not necessary, it's most beneficial to those that don't like to sweat, it's harmful to the body and it makes you smell pretty.

So I've rambled a lot but the common theme is that you don't need herbal essence just uncommon sense.

Did you ever think that the masking of one's own natural sent could be the reason for the rising divorce-rate?

Check out this websit: http://100777.com/health/shampoo for the truth about shampoo.

2 comments:

  1. H-m-m. I like your thesis on divorce rates...all that product is getting in the way of our noses and the scent we really prefer. Good post, although I don't think I am quite ready to give up plucking my eyebrows or that unpredictable facial hair which seems to grow overnight!

    For young child i found a wonderful product for their skin which is safe -- Badger Oil -- great after a warm bath.
    :)

    Bon
    www,parentforward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your posts because I always learn something in a clever and fun way.
    Thanks!
    Bon
    www.parentforward.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete