Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Mr. Green and His Band of Brothers


So I have decided that some money is nice to have. It’s sort of like a vessel that allows you to do the things you want to do. Whether or not the monetary system works…well that’s a topic for another discussion. Believe me, it would be great if I could hand over a slab of beef in exchange for a nice pair of hiking shoes or a water filter, but the old barter and trade system has fizzled in the light of credit cards and green George Washingtons.

Therefore, I am applying for jobs at the moment so that I will be able to acquire the rest of the hiking supplies that I need and so that I can dehydrate that aforementioned slab of beef. Food, after all will be the most expensive thing to take care of. I need to dehydrate meat and lot’s of it, which requires, you guessed it, George Washington and all of his buddies.

Below is a list of things I still need to get:

  • Steaks
  • Stakes
  • 1st Aid kit supplies
  • Compression sack for tent
  • Shoes
  • Maps
  • Data book
  • Drop boxes
  • Food storage bags
  • Water purification method
  • Ground cloth
  • Stuff sack for clothes
  • Compression sack for clothes
  • Food
  • Food
  • Fooooood

Can you imagine, I put off getting stakes (aluminum gutter nails) for a whopping $3.56, due to my state of unemployment, or let’s refer to it as my state of being in between jobs.

In order to hike the presidential range I’m going to have to spend more time with Washington and his band of brothers; maybe you know them: Lincoln, Hamilton, Jackson, Grant and Franklin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment