Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Woods Con-text

Moll is pooped after a long hike.


I couldn’t sleep last night and I realize it’s been a week since I’ve been for a hike. When I got up…well I was already up, so when I got out of bed this morning I looked for heavy objects to put in my pack before I hit the trail, I needed to expend some of my energy stores. In went my physics and organic chem. texts, a gallon of water, my 2L water bladder and some fleeces (the mortar) along with 2 Clementine’s (emergency food). I’m sure it will be the only time I get on the scale and get excited about being 32lbs heavier. 

My pal Moll accompanied me while I completed a 6 mile loop in 2.5 hrs with a 32lb pack on…no big deal. When I came to the finish I saw that my mom’s hiking sticks, which marked my first attempt of the trail, were still propped against the tree. I was amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment