Sunday, July 17, 2011

Take a Hike!

I got realigned about a week ago and I feel as if I have a new set of legs. I can sneeze without worrying about Valsava's maneuver tweaking my sciatica, after long periods of lying down I can spring up with the spunk of a ninja, and in the morning I get up and get going, I still get a kick out of the lack of pain. I am telling you, if you have any issues with your body...go see the chiropractor.

Now I can look and feel my age!

So I guess in a way I was doomed from the start of my hike. I had the foot problems just waiting to happen due to my slanted sacrum throwing off my alignment. But now that I have been adjusted  my injuries have healed up quickly and I am ready to take a hike...again.

My feet feel as if they have toughened up over the past 2 weeks, thanks to all the good nutrients and overabundance of food. So I am ready to take on the trail barefoot and all for round...three.

Round 1- hiked until I had to get off and shed some pack pounds and get away from Jon (a topic for another post)
Round 2- Hiked until my tilted sacrum caused Achilles tendinitis and foot pain
Round 3- We'll have to leave this blank for now.

You see, I'm starting to realize that you can plan, plan, plan but life happens and we are left saying, "damn, damn, damn."  My experience is proof of this, as I had planned this trip for ten months and had to make adjustments in all aspects including: footwear, clothing, bug protection, food, gear, itinerary, expectations, and my bodily alignment.

My mother reassured me the other day while we sipped our lemonade on the front porch that my story was a perfect example of learning by doing.

So enough with the plan and more with the do. From now on it will be "one quarter mile at a time."

Because plan backwards is nalp which, if said quickly, sounds a little bit like somebody from Maine saying, "nope," which is a reminder that things don't always go as planned, but according to the wise words of Malcolm Forbes, "failure is success if we learn from it," and let's just say...I've learned a lot!

1 comment:

  1. hahaha, great post, I would argue nalp kinda sounds like now, so I say... nalp get back on the trail!

    ReplyDelete