Friday, February 11, 2011

Ice + Skis = Danger

So much for holding onto self preservation, last night cross-icy snow skiing proved to be one of the most dangerous winter activities a person could attempt. I swear that 6.4 mile loop trail is cursed, as this was the 5th time I attempted its entirety and had to cut it short yet another time. Of course for good reasons.

I had the brilliant idea of doing the loop trail with my friend under the glow of the moon and I was a complete klutz and apparently a horrible guide. "So you ski a lot" my friend teased after witnessing me fall backwards with skis twisted for the umpteenth time. Of course, soon after he had a spill, so I did not feel so bad about my abilities. Some of the trail was blazed but most of it was not. The ice coated the mounds of snow with a thick shield that had us skidding (picture a dog running on ice, with its legs kicking out every once in a while) and hoping for the best as we attempted hills. We would have been better off wearing ice skates!

I'm waiting for fresh powder before I try it for a 6th time in the mean time I am fine with snowshoeing.

1 comment:

  1. Woah! Geeze! I was feeling the trepidation. Moonlight skiing? Sounds fun in better conditions. You crazy ski girl.
    xox Mom

    ReplyDelete