Sunday, May 15, 2011

3 Bushes

Miche says when I come back I will have three bushes...My mom says that she is going to wash my hair, shave my legs and give me a manicure, Boulder doesn't know how I'm going to pull off using a smooth stone, and Jenny thinks the Diva Cup is gross...This is not going to be a glamorous trip by any means.

I've been planning my trip...so far I am in Woodstock, VT crossing the Gulf Stream Bridge. It takes so much thought to plan. I have to guess at what my pace will be, where I will stay each night, how much food I have to carry between drops, what sites I want to see, where I can meet up with friends, and how I can score free meals. It's exciting though. It's exciting to know that my dream is becoming a reality.

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic this week. It's coming down to the wire and I have to complete three finals by Wednesday, graduate on Saturday, finish planing my trip and say fair well. We had our employee party at the climbing gym, and I am going to miss the crew. I was talking to my sister on the phone today and she put nephew Bob on, "Ha!" "Say I love you," I heard my sister say, "eh-uhv-oo." Close enough. When I get back he'll be able to ask me how I enjoyed the Blue Ridge Mountains and what type of pack I wore.

A note about graduation. I have to buy a cap and gown for 60 bucks. No worries I thought, I'll borrow my friend's robe who graduated last year. "They changed the color," explained Megan. I swear they do this on purpose. What about Rent-a-Robe, or Good Job Here's-a-Robe or Wear-Your-Robe from High School Graduation. I have decided to wear mine, it is white so I am going to dye it green. How about them apples?!

Why would I buy a robe for $60 which will only see the light of day for two hours before it gets stowed away in my closet which I already cleaned out?

No comments:

Post a Comment