Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ice Climbing

The group


Coming down the wall of ice


I have a foot fetish.
 Yesterday I took an Ice climbing class with a few of my friends up in North Conway. It was awesome! Our guide Keith's favorite phrase was "I like it," which he said after pretty much everything we did. After tying a figure-eight or clove-hitch, "I like it," taking up 8 inches of slack while belaying, "I like it," and coming down softly, "I like it!"

I was pretty clumsy and had slippery feet several times throughout the day which provided some entertainment. My friend got one of my episodes on candid camera. I tie in, slip on my gloves and pick up my ice picks only to step back and go down after the spikes of my crampons catch my pant leg. I will try and upload the video soon.

Ice climbing was a full body workout. How's that for training?

2 comments: