Friday, April 22, 2011

Drop Boxes

"How are you planning on eating," is a very popular question I get asked. Let me explain. Every 5-10 days I will walk off the trail and hike into town where I will pick up boxes of food at the post that have been sent to me by  my very loving sister.

The idea is to save money. I am in the process of buying food in bulk for my 6 month long trek. I will then divide the food into anywhere from 20-30 boxes that will be shipped to the trail towns that I will be stopping in.

The post offices will hold packages for up to a month (sometimes longer) for thru-hikers. This will be convenient if I get off schedule.

*****************************************

25 Drop boxes...check! Let's just say I spent a little time in the storage room today...of course doing work-related tasks. What can I say, I was very "board" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment