Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Kennebec River

"Don't worry, Jill, dad and I are going to contact the ferry service in ME and schedule your appointment to cross the river," proclaimed my mom just the other day. "Mom, I am well aware of the fact I need to get across the rivers in Maine, and as much as I appreciate your help, I am going to take care of this myself."

In their eyes I am still a fledgling, flapping my wings and expanding my beak to choke down the regurgitated worms they cough into my mouth. In my eyes I am ready to jump out of the nest and it will be up to fate as to whether I soar or plummet to the ground.

So today I did some research and I found that David P. Corrigan of FLetcher Mountain Outfitters runs the ferry service at the Kennebec River/ AT junction. As of last year, he had it running every morning from 9-11am beginning May 28th, so I will be sure to be ferried after June 1st. If you are going to be there at an unscheduled time, it's as easy as a phone call.

I sent my mom an email, straightaway, in an effort to reassure her frazzled mind. She is very happy with this news.

I'm tired of worms and ready for Ramen.

2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! I am so glad to hear it. And you said you talked to him directly? He knows you're coming? He says it's as easy as a phone call? Is there cell service there? Did i forget anything? Oh yes, even if you plummet to the ground, will you pick yourself back up and try again? Oh, and ...is it really up to fate or fantastic focus?
    xo
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of planning and confidence. I'm soaring for sure.

    ReplyDelete